hover logo, scroll with mouse wheel
LinkExchange SearchMe WhatWeDo AboutUs Sitemap Next page Labour costs per harvested and packed kilogram
A post-harvest line next to the field
This is a mobile unit used to harvest, pre-clean, ...
This unit is of particular interest to those countries or regions where bulbs do not need to be stored because the majority go straight from field to market, as is the case in Mexico, Argentina and India.
All of these machines are installed on a 40 ft. trailer (which can be second-hand).
In other words: In a mobile post-harvest handling line, the handling line goes to the harvest, instead of the harvest going to the handling line.
There is no need for a packing house and there is no need to transport the harvest from the field to facilities. Imagine the savings!
A mobile post-harvest handling line in the field.
The produce is separated out from foreign bodies such as stones, clods and under-sized produce.
1. Even-flow is a container where the freshly harvested onions from the field trailers are deposited. A conveyor belt then transports them in a steady and controlled flow, to the elevator belt.
2. The elevator belt takes the produce from the even-flow to the pre-grader/cleaner. During transportation it remains fixed to the topper.
3. Pre-grader/cleaner: A pre-cleaner that separates off clods and stones attached to the bulbs.
4. Topper: A machine that tops the stem of the onion and removes the surplus outer layer from the bulbs. In this case, it has a capacity of 12 tonnes per hour.
5. Inspection belt for quality control.
6. Rubber belt grader, which separates up to 15 tonnes of onions into four sizes in just one hour.
7. Four rotary packing turntables are manufactured locally.
8. The 40kw diesel generator means that this mobile unit is completely independent to work anywhere.
9. The waste conveyor tips the waste from the pre-cleaner and the topper into a box.
A compact, high capacity grader, which gently handles the delicate onions.
An onion harvester.
An onion loader.
The three or four tipping trailers to transport the harvest from the field to the mobile unit are hired locally.
top, inspect, grade, weigh and pack onions in the field, with a capacity of up to 12 tonnes of onions in just one hour.
This unit is particularly useful for those places where onions are sold to the consumer freshly harvested, instead of being stored.
To mechanise your post harvest processes:
+1 239 3002374
or use our (preferable)
our contact form
Address: Farm San Isidro, Volcán, Panama.